Vision and Mission
Our aim is to improve the quality of life of people in Fife who are affected by alcohol problems.
We recognise that:
- drinking alcohol is an accepted and normal behaviour for the vast majority of the adult population
- when used responsibly alcohol causes no significant harm and can have positive effects, however risky, harmful or dependent drinking can lead to many adverse consequences for people, affecting relationships, mental and physical health, and employment
- alcohol-related problems can affect anyone in our community
Through an equitable, accessible, Fife-wide service, we provide psycho-social counselling and psychotherapy, education and support to people affected by alcohol-related problems whilst maintaining effective relationships with all relevant organisations.
We aim to:
- provide community based services designed to meet the special needs of those affected by alcohol-related problems
- promote the development of facilities as required by such services
- increase public knowledge of the extent of alcohol misuse, its damaging effects on the individual, family, society and the economy
- initiate and support action to combat the problem
- promote services and facilities, information, education, training and research in regard to prevention, early diagnosis and use of evidenced based interventions for alcohol-related problems